Monday, October 5, 2009

Darling

Last weekend Byron, Julia, Wenli, Heather, and I piled into Julia’s car and headed North to explore a little town called Darling. Darling is famous for its wildflowers, though unfortunately we only managed to catch the tail end of the flower season. Even so it was very picturesque wandering through fields of colourful flowers…minus the biting flies, that is. As the weather was finally nice, we also took advantage of visiting Yzerfontein, a nearby beach town. We spent a lovely afternoon relaxing on the beach, feeling as if summer was just around the corner. On the drive home we stopped for the obligatory pictures of the Cape Town cityscape with its distinctive mountain backdrop.

Hmm, I guess it's hard to see the flowers with a picture this size, but trust me, they're there! At least hopefully you can tell the landscape is pretty and quaint!

These ones are my favorite and I can't help but take pictures of them!

View from the Yzerfontein beach


Me, with Devil's Peak, Table Mountain, and Lion's Head (from left to right) in the background

1 comment:

  1. I would take pictures of that flower every time I saw it too. so regal.

    ReplyDelete